Below is a list of tariffs for some hernia operations for patients at The Hernia Clinic including procedure codes (for insurance companies). The quoted figures serve as a guide for patients considering private hernia surgery (under general anaesthetic) who are uninsured. Non-insured patients will be provided with a formal fixed price quote which covers the following:
- Anaesthetic pre-assessment
- Pre-operative tests and investigations (if needed)
- Surgeon’s fees
- Anaesthetist’s fees
- Theatre and equipment costs
- Day surgery or in-patient stay
- Post-operative consultation
|Types of Hernia||Code||Price|
|Open inguinal repair||T2000||£2565|
|Laparoscopic inguinal repair||T2002||£2565|
|Bilateral laparoscopic repair||T2012||£2989|
|Recurrent inguinal repair (open repair)||T2100||£3136|
|Recurrent inguinal repair (laparoscopic)||T2102||£2675|
- Tariffs quoted are a guide and are correct from August 2020.
- These prices reflect operations performed under general anaesthetic as a day-case procedure at the Shalbourne, Great Western Hospital.
- All self-pay patients will be given a personalised, no-obligation quotation before considering surgery.